Once you see how quick, easy, and delicious this tasty homemade treat is, you’ll want to keep your freezer stocked with frozen, sliced bananas and berries so you can whip this treat up anytime the mood hits!
Tip: Bananas and fruit should be frozen the day before making the ice cream. For best results, prepare ice cream and allow it to sit in the freezer for at least 12 hours before making the ice cream sandwiches. Feel free to substitute walnuts, pecans, or pistachios instead of almonds if desired.
Note: This recipe was created using Stropwaaffles. If not available in your local store they can be purchased on Amazon https://amzn.to/3LHIka8
Note 2: This recipe uses both frozen and fresh blueberries.
- Prep time: 10 minutes (+ time to freeze fruit in advance)
- Cook time: n/a
Yields: approximately 3 cups
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1-1/2 c. frozen blueberries
- 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
- 1/2 c. coconut cream
- 1/2 c. almonds, chopped
- 6-8 pieces caramel waffles (See note above)
- Chocolate or caramel sauce (optional)
- To a food processor bowl, add frozen banana, frozen blueberries, and coconut cream. Pulse to get a creamy texture.
- Scoop into a storage container and mix in the almonds and fresh blueberries. Smooth mixture and place into freezer overnight to firm up.
- To make ice cream sandwiches, place one scoop of ice cream in between two caramel waffles. Top with chocolate sauce and enjoy!