The traditional flavors in the Caprese salad of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, sweet basil, and olive oil are perfect in these delicious and hearty Caprese twice-baked potatoes. They pop with color and the flavor is unbelievable.
Tip: Use multi-color cherry tomatoes if they are available for visual appeal.
Note: Baking time will depend on the size of the potatoes. For the best result try and choose similar shapes and sizes of potatoes so they bake evenly.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes
4 large baking potatoes
1 T. olive oil
1 c. marinara sauce
1 8 oz. ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 c. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 c. basil leaves, thinly sliced
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a large baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork a few times and brush them with olive oil.
- Generously season to taste with salt and pepper and place in oven to roast until fork-tender, 45-60 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and carefully slice them in half.
- Mash the inside of the potatoes with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the marinara sauce on top of the potatoes.
- Top with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
- Return the baking dish to the oven for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil.