Tip: This is perfect to prepare in an 8” springform pan.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
3 Large eggs
1/2 c. Granulated sugar
1 t. Lemon zest
1 t. Orange zest
2 T. Lemon juice
3 T. Orange juice
1 c. Greek yogurt
1/4 c. Olive oil (or vegetable oil)
1 t. Pure vanilla extract
1-1/2 c. All-purpose flour
1-1/2 t/ Baking powder
1/4 t. Salt
Fresh or frozen berries, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Add lemon zest, orange zest, lemon juice, orange juice, Greek yogurt, olive oil, and vanilla extract.
- Continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients using a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Begin to check the cake at 25 minutes to avoid over-baking.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes on the baking rack then remove it from the pan or release the outer ring if prepared in a springform pan and continue to cool to room temperature before slicing. Serve with some fresh or frozen berries of your choice.