Prep tip: Use a large, full-size baking sheet for this recipe – or divide between two smaller sheets, if necessary. The goal is to have enough room to spread the veggies around the chicken breasts into a single, uniform layer without overcrowding.
If possible, use non-stick cooking spray for this recipe instead of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. The marinade will seep under the mat or paper and will be very difficult to clean off afterward otherwise.
- Prep time: 15 minutes (+ time to marinate)
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4-6
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 3 T. honey, preferably local
- 2 T. tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 8-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 small zucchinis, halved and sliced
- 1 large yellow squash, halved and sliced
- Sprigs of fresh basil, for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, tamari, olive oil, sesame oil, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper, as desired, and add to a large, sealable freezer bag. Pour half of the marinade over the chicken and seal the bag tightly. Gently turn the bag to make sure the chicken is uniformly covered.
- Marinate the chicken at room temperature for at least 30 minutes (but not more than 2 hours) or overnight in the refrigerator. Store the remaining marinade in an airtight container until ready to prepare the vegetables.
- When ready to prepare the chicken, pre-heat the oven to 400°F and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting, add the asparagus, zucchini, and yellow squash to a medium bowl. Pour remaining marinade on veggies and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to coat and set aside.
- After 15 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and carefully arrange the veggies alongside the chicken in a single uniform layer. Avoid overcrowding or the vegetables will steam instead of roast. Pour excess marinade on top of chicken and veggies.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven until the chicken is fully cooked through and the veggies are bright green and slightly fork-tender approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Transfer the chicken and some veggies to individual serving plates, and garnish with fresh basil before serving. Enjoy!
Services Areas Covered
Studio City, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Burbank, CA, Encino, CA, Glendale, CA, Los Angeles, CA, North Hollywood, CA, San Fernando, CA, Santa Monica, CA, Tarzana, CA, Toluca Lake, CA, Valley Village, CA, Van Nuys, CA, West Hollywood, CA