In today’s health conscious world, many men are searching for ways to improve their health. Some men have spent many thousands of dollars on experimental methods and promises made by companies to deliver a solution to their health goals, but some are turning to the older remedies used by past generations. The use of herbal remedies goes back centuries, and the documentation of their efficacy has been handed down through generations. In modern times, we’ve begun to study these beautiful gifts from nature to see how and why they work to bring us closer to our health goals. The expert from Functional Medicine Los Angeles provides a list of popular herbs to improve men’s health.
- Saw Palmetto: Famous for its ability to treat prostate and urinary health, Saw Palmetto is a powerful tool in the journey for male health. Science has shown us that Saw Palmetto can reduce inflammation in the prostate. Native Americans used it to boost virility, and it is known to help raise testosterone levels.
- Ginseng: Studies have concluded that ginseng has the ability to treat erectile dysfunction. In the trials, they saw a significant increase in male arousal. You can get ginseng as a supplement as well as an herb.
- Pine Bark: This herb has a similar use to Saw Palmetto, in that it has been historically used to promote prostate health. Pine bark has also been shown to increase sperm count and sexual response.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Ginkgo Biloba has been made famous for its ability to thwart erectile dysfunction, but it also has rich benefits in the form of antioxidants and has been found to improve memory function.
- Turmeric: The use of turmeric has endured due to its powerful antioxidant properties. It is known for its ability to soothe muscles and inflamed tissues. Turmeric is another herb that is used to treat prostate issues and difficulties.
- Stinging Nettle: This herb is known for encouraging normal hormone levels and preventing testosterone from becoming dihydrotestosterone. This new version of testosterone is partially responsible for the enlargement of the prostate.
- Smartweed: This herb, known as Smartweed, has been known to have very high levels of antioxidants. Its ability to fight off free radicals that damage cells and cause cancer have been documented in recent years.
- Pumpkin Seed: Pumpkin seed is rich in both antioxidants as well as a few trace nutrients. It has been used to encourage normal urine flow for men afflicted with an enlarged prostate.
The Most Important Vitamins For Men
In modern times, food health and nutrition are major concerns. With so many options available, many people fail to meet their own nutritional needs. As men grow older, the need for specific nutrients will usually undergo some changes. How do your food choices affect your health, and what are some of the essential vitamins for men? In this article, we’ll be going over a few of the important vitamins and their purpose.
- Vitamin D: Studies have shown that a large portion of the population is deficient in vitamin D due to a lack of exposure to the sun. Over time, vitamin D deficiency can have serious consequences such as cardiovascular disease, deteriorating brain functionality, and even cancer. A healthy level of vitamin D can help prevent bone loss due to its ability to make the body more efficient in its absorption of calcium. As men get older, the need for vitamin D should increase to help protect muscle and bone strength. Vitamin D can be found in leafy green vegetables.
- Magnesium: One of these nutrients is magnesium. Magnesium supports more than 350 enzymatic functions in the body, many of which control vital systems such as metabolism, blood pressure, and sleep. It has also been linked to preventing long-term health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, and migraines. A few places where magnesium can be found are leafy green vegetables, beans, and nuts.
- Vitamin C: Scurvy and anemia are still issued for many adult men due to vitamin deficiency. Even though vitamin C is no longer considered the cure-all or silver bullet in the fight against colds, it’s still an essential component of a healthy diet. It aids in healthy aging as a high-powered antioxidant and protects healthy cells from free radicals that cause cell damage. Vitamin C can be found in a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. Some of them are oranges, lemons, limes, pineapples, broccoli, strawberries, and tomatoes.
- Supplements: Experts in the field of nutrition generally agree that the best way to get nutrition is through the food you eat, but no matter how healthy your diet is, there are almost always vitamins and minerals that become deficient due to a stressful life, inadequate diet, and soil depletion.
Services Areas Covered
Studio City, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Burbank, CA, Encino, CA, Glendale, CA, Los Angeles, CA, North Hollywood, CA, San Fernando, CA, Santa Monica, CA, Tarzana, CA, Toluca Lake, CA, Valley Village, CA, Van Nuys, CA, West Hollywood, CA
I agree with your point of view, your article has given me a lot of help and benefited me a lot. Thanks. Hope you continue to write such excellent articles.