At Functional Medicine Los Angeles, we recognize the significance of consuming enriching and healthful meals in nurturing your overall well-being. Our approach to health and wellness is grounded in the principles of functional medicine Burbank.
A simply decadent classic Italian dessert that features espresso-soaked ladyfingers layered with a rich mascarpone cheese-sweetened whipped cream mixture and dusted with cocoa to finish.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Chilling Time: 4-6 hours
- Serves: 8-10
1 c. heavy whipping cream
12 oz. mascarpone cheese, softened at room temperature
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 t. salt
1 c. espresso, freshly-brewed
1/4 c. Marsala wine (optional, you can also substitute rum)
2 T. granulated sugar
10 oz. Italian ladyfingers
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place the heavy cream in a large bowl and whip until it doubles in volume and becomes light and airy.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the mascarpone with the powdered sugar and salt until it becomes light and fluffy. Slowly begin adding the whipped cream to the mascarpone mixture, one-fourth at a time, gently folding with a spatula to ensure the cream doesn’t deflate. Place the mascarpone cream in the fridge.
- Add the espresso, Marsala, and sugar to a shallow bowl and mix well.
- Our functional medicine Studio City professionals suggested briefly dunking half of the Italian ladyfingers in the espresso mixture, just for 1–2 seconds on each side, and arrange them in a casserole dish, covering the bottom of the dish with the ladyfingers.
- Spread half of the mascarpone cream over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat with a second layer of ladyfingers and top with the remainder of the mascarpone cream.
- Place the tiramisu in the fridge to set for a minimum of 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Before serving, dust the top of the tiramisu with the unsweetened cocoa powder. Serve family-style and enjoy!
We champion the vital role of nutrition in fostering overall health. Our approach to functional medicine Toluca Lake and beyond is centered on the powerful impact of nourishment on well-being. The Rich Espresso Tiramisu, a flavorful and refreshing dessert, epitomizes this philosophy.
With its balanced blend of taste and nutritional value, this delectable treat harmonizes pleasure and wellness, aligning perfectly with the guidance of our experts in functional medicine Los Angeles.