Shrimp Saganaki is a quick and easy Greek appetizer often served with crusty bread to scoop up the savory tomato sauce. For a gluten-free main course, serve on a bed of cooked zucchini noodles, rice, or quinoa instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
¼ c. dry white wine
1 15-oz. can of crushed tomatoes
½ c. Kalamata olives, chopped
1 t. dried dill
1 t. dried Greek oregano
½ t. crushed red chili flakes
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 lb. large (16/20 ct.) shrimp, shelled and deveined
3 T. fresh parsley leaves, chopped and divided
4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red onion and cook, occasionally stirring, for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion softens and turns golden brown.
- Add white wine to deglaze the bottom of the skillet, scraping up any brown bits with a spatula.
- Reduce heat to medium and add crushed tomatoes, olives, dill, oregano, and red chili flakes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp just turns pink. Do not overcook the shrimp.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, to taste. To serve, transfer to a serving dish and top with remaining fresh parsley and crumbled Feta cheese. Enjoy!
Services Areas Covered
Studio City, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Burbank, CA, Encino, CA, Glendale, CA, Los Angeles, CA, North Hollywood, CA, San Fernando, CA, Santa Monica, CA, Tarzana, CA, Toluca Lake, CA, Valley Village, CA, Van Nuys, CA, West Hollywood, CA