These make a great appetizer or light lunch or dinner. Everything is a little more special when served on a Stick!
Prep time: 3 hours 15 minutes (includes chilling time)
10 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
5 T. sour cream
1 fresh lemon, juiced
1 T. dried dill
1 small cucumber
3 large tortillas
8 oz. smoked salmon
salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, and dried dill. Generously season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Using a mandoline or a vegetable peeler, slice the cucumber into thin strips lengthwise.
- Place one tortilla on a clean work surface and spread with a thick layer of the cream cheese mixture. Layer the smoked salmon pieces over the cream cheese, in a square shape.
- Spread a very thin layer of cream cheese on the second tortilla and place it cream cheese side-down over the salmon. This will ensure the salmon sticks to the tortilla.
- Spread another thick layer on top of the second tortilla, leaving just a couple teaspoons for the top tortilla layer. Place the cucumber slices on top of the cream cheese, again, forming a square shape.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on the third tortilla and place it cream cheese side-down on top of the cucumber.
- Wrap the tortilla stack in a piece of parchment paper and place it in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
- Once set, remove the tortilla stack from the fridge and cut off the edges to form a square shape. Cut the square into strip and then each strip into small, bite-sized squares.
- Arrange on a serving platter and enjoy!