Curb your cravings for deep-fried potatoes or other salty snacks with these delicious, crispy sweet potato wedges. The refreshing herbed coconut yogurt dip is the perfect complement to the spicy seasonings used in this recipe. Making the herbed yogurt dip the night before would allow the flavors to meld and develop, according to Functional Medicine Los Angeles.
If you’re looking for a nice and spicy recipe, Functional Medicine Burbank highly recommends this recipe:
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
Tip: For crispier sweet potato wedges, do not salt them until they are done roasting.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. curry powder
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. coconut yogurt
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- 3 T. fresh dill, minced
- 3 T. fresh parsley, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the melted coconut oil and toss to coat.
- Cumin, curry powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon should all be combined in a small bowl. When all of the sweet potato wedges are lightly coated, sprinkle the spice mixture over them and toss.
- Place the sweet potato wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet that has been prepared. Avoid crowding them if you want crispier wedges.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and roast until the sweet potatoes are golden brown and crispy around the edges, around 30-35 minutes. Flip one halfway through the cooking process to brown both sides.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, mix the coconut yogurt with the lemon juice, dill, and parsley in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once browned, remove the sweet potato wedges from the oven and sprinkle generously with salt. Let cool slightly before serving with the herbed coconut yogurt dip. Enjoy!
It is also lactose-free, includes natural sugar, and may be consumed by those who follow a vegan, paleo, or plant-based diet. According to Functional Medicine Studio City, the product also provides a number of nutritional and health advantages.
Functional Medicine Hollywood specialists are eager to offer more healthful advice.