These Walnut Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are nice and crispy around the edges, have a soft & chewy middle, and are chock-full of deliciousness with a combination of cranberries and walnuts! They make a perfect midday snack or an easy breakfast on the go. What better way to enjoy your oatmeal 😉
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 15 medium cookies
1 T. Ground flax
3 T. Water
1/4 c. Melted coconut oil
1/3 c. Light brown sugar
2 t. Pure vanilla extract
1 c. Rolled oats
3 T. All-purpose flour
1/2 t. Baking powder
1 t. Ground cinnamon
1/4 t. Salt
1/2 c. Walnuts, chopped
1/2 c. Dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground flax with water. Set aside until thickened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add coconut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla to the flax mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Add oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until everything is combined. Gently fold in walnuts and cranberries. The dough will be wet and sticky.
- Drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten with a fork.
- Bake until cookies is golden around the edges, 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow cookies to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!