Almonds and chocolate chips perfectly complement sweet ripe bananas creating a wonderfully moist banana bread. It is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or as a mid-day reward.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: 1 loaf (8-12 slices)
4 medium overripe bananas, peeled
1/4 c. almond milk
5 T. vegetable oil
2 t. pure vanilla extract
1/2 c. sugar
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a standard 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Add almond milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Gently mix until flour is incorporated and the mixture is mostly smooth.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until deep golden brown and thoroughly cooked in the center. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick or cake tester into the center of the loaf. It should come out clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow banana bread to cool in the pan on a wire rack for a minimum of 30 minutes before removing it from the pan and slicing.