En Papillote refers to a French cooking method in which food is placed in individual parchment paper packets that puff up during baking. Functional Medicine Los Angeles prefer this way of cooking to brings out all the flavour of the foods where your vegetables and meats comes out softer.
Expert from Functional Medicine Burbank uses aluminum foil as a substituted if desired. The salmon in this recipe pairs lovely with the salty capers, lemon and fresh herbs.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutesServes: 4
1. 4 8-oz. each salmon fillets
2. 4 t. olive oil
3. 2 lemons, thinly sliced
4. ½ c. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
5. ½ c. fresh basil, roughly chopped
6. ½ c. fresh dill, roughly chopped
7. 3-4 T. capers, to taste
8. Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400˚ F.
2. Cut 4 squares of parchment paper and lay one salmon fillet in the middle of each piece of parchment. Drizzle each piece of salmon with one teaspoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper 3. to taste. Place a few lemon slices on top of each filet.
4. Add one-fourth of each of the herbs and capers to each piece of salmon.
5. Fold each parchment piece on top of itself so it forms a packet, making sure the edges are tightly sealed. Place the parchment packets on a large baking sheet.
6. Place the salmon in the preheated oven and roast until the salmon is flakey and opaque, approximately 15-20 minutes.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!
For more healthy recipe, check out some of the tips from Functional Medicine Studio City here.
Services Areas Covered
Studio City, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Burbank, CA, Encino, CA, Glendale, CA, Los Angeles, CA, North Hollywood, CA, San Fernando, CA, Santa Monica, CA, Tarzana, CA, Toluca Lake, CA, Valley Village, CA, Van Nuys, CA, West Hollywood, CA