Cheesy broccoli soup with garlic croutons is not only tasty, but it may also provide various nutritional and comfort advantages.
At Functional Medicine Los Angeles, we understand that nourishing your body with wholesome meals is an integral part of holistic health. This heartwarming soup not only delights your taste buds but also aligns with our approach to health and wellness backed by our functional medicine Studio City doctors.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 T. olive oil
5 T. butter, divided
1 medium onion, finely diced
2 carrots, finely diced
5 garlic cloves, minced and divided
1 t. dried dill
3 T. all-purpose flour
3 c. vegetable broth
3 c. broccoli florets, broken into bite-sized pieces
1 small baguette, cubed into bite-sized pieces
1/2 c. whole milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium soup pot over medium heat.
3. Add onion, carrots, and 2 garlic cloves. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies soften slightly, approximately 2-3 minutes.
5. Sprinkle in the flour and dill; stir well. Continue cooking for another minute, just until the raw flour taste cooks out.
6. Pour in the vegetable stock and bring the soup to a steady simmer.
7. In the meantime, melt the remaining butter and toss the baguette with the butter and remaining garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and place the baguette in the oven to roast until golden and crunchy around the edges, approximately 10-15 minutes.
8. Once the soup begins to simmer, add the broccoli florets and cook until tender, 10-12 minutes.
9. Add in milk, heavy cream, and cheddar cheese and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts. As per functional medicine digestion in Los Angeles professionals’ advice, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
10. Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with crispy garlic croutons and additional shredded cheese. Enjoy!
In functional medicine Burbank and beyond, we emphasize the importance of nutrition in supporting your body’s natural healing processes. This Cheesy Broccoli Soup is a nutritious masterpiece, packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to boost your immune system and overall well-being.
Feel free to use this recipe for a delightful mealtime! This recipe is highly recommended by our functional medicine Los Angeles experts.