When you’re going to create a big spread for your family to enjoy, the meal just isn’t quite complete without an amazing seasonal salad to accompany the meal. The fall is a great time to experiment and round out many salad ideas by adding some of these fantastic fruits and vegetables to the roughage of your unique and exciting dinner, but if you’re not sure what you can make, this article is here to help you by carefully exploring some excellent creative salads that use fall superfoods.
Raspberry Pistachio Salad
- 8 cups romaine, chopped
- 2 cup raspberries
- 1 cup pistachios out of shell
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Whip the dressing ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk or handheld blender on a low setting.
- Put the salad ingredients in a bowl toss until evenly distributed and add the dressing. Continue agitating the salad until the dressing covers the entire salad.
Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (set aside additional ⅛ teaspoon)
- Black pepper (fresh ground)
- 1 large bunch of kale shredded thinly
- 6 ounces Brussels sprouts, shredded with a knife
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, set aside a few tablespoons for later.
- ¼ cup almonds sliced
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (set aside a small amount for kale)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp minced shallot
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- Lightly pan fry the sliced almonds until slightly darker, sprinkle with salt, and let cool.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Stir and let it sit.
- Mix the salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside, then sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add almonds and salad dressing. Serve.
Almond Apple Salad
- ⅛ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 Fuji apple cut into small cubes
- Your favorite vinaigrette dressing
- Lightly fry the seeds and nuts until they are slightly browned let it cool.
- Chop up the apple and toss it with the lemon juice.
- Mix the salad ingredients and add cooled nuts and seeds.
- Add your vinaigrette dressing and toss until mixed and fully covered.
- Serve and enjoy!