Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
- 1½ T. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1¾ T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1½ T. low carb sweetener of choice*
- 1 egg
- 2 T. heavy cream
- ¼ t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ t. salt
Fresh sliced strawberries, to serve
- Add the first three ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in a microwave for several seconds. Add low-carb sweetener and stir until completely dissolved. Add egg, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt to the butter mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour blended mixture into a mug or small microwave-safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute.**
- Remove from microwave and serve immediately with fresh sliced strawberries, if desired. Enjoy!
*Nutritional information for a recipe based on Swerve® brand granulated sweetener which reports zero net carbs because the ingredients do not affect blood sugar.
**Actual cooking time will vary depending on an individual unit. Check for doneness after 45 seconds. Do not overcook or the cake may become too dry.
Nutritional Information: ***
- Total Carbs: 13g
- Fiber: 7g
- Net Carbs: 6g
Calorie Breakdown:Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- Protein: 8%
- Fat: 84%
- Carbohydrates: 7%
***Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Information for this recipe is an approximation because coconut and other low-carb flours are not included in the HappyForks.com ingredient database.
Nutritional information is provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.