Piyaz is a delicious white bean salad that pairs well with meats such as steak and even meatballs! Traditionally it is made with onion, lemon, and vinegar. This version changes up the flavor slightly adding fresh orange juice to sweeten the citrusy lemon.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a
- Serves: 2
- 1 15-oz can of Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 T. tahini
- 6 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. parsley, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Add rinsed beans to a large serving bowl.
- Add sliced onions and tomato. Set aside.
- Add lemon and orange zest, lemon and orange juice, tahini, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl.
- Mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Drizzle tahini orange sauce on the beans and toss to combine.
- Place into serving bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.