Are you looking for a salad recipe that combines the perfect balance of sweet and savory? You have come to the right place! As a provider of functional medicine Los Angeles, we want nothing but for you to be in your best shape.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups black grapes
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c. baby arugula (or regular arugula, chopped)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 figs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. walnuts, chopped
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Toss grapes on a large, rimmed baking sheet and season with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bake until grapes are shiny and slightly blistered, approximately 10-15 minutes.
3. Add arugula, shallots, figs, walnuts, and blue cheese to a large salad bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard.
5. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Top the salad with warm grapes and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply seeking a refreshing and elegant salad for a light lunch, nothing beats this delectable recipe from functional medicine Studio City.