Thickly sliced slabs of seasoned cauliflower are roasted and served over a bed of mashed cauliflower, spinach, and pomegranate. The honey sriracha sauce caramelizes creating an amazing taste and texture. This flavorful dish is perfect as a vegetarian main dish or served alongside beef, chicken, or pork chops. The flavor is unbelievable.
Tip; Purchase a large head of cauliflower or two smaller heads. Half is used for the steaks and half is mashed. Cooking the garlic along with the cauliflower florets will remove the raw edge and make it tenderer.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 60 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 T. Butter
- 1 T. Cream cheese
- 1 T. water
- Sea salt, and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. spinach
- 1/2 c. pomegranate seeds
Honey Sriracha Sauce:
- 2 T. sriracha
- 1/2 c. honey (preferably local)
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, slice one-half of the cauliflower into steaks and the other half into florets.
- Add florets and 2 garlic cloves to a large pan. Cover with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is fork-tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Place cooked and drained florets into a food processor. Add butter, cream cheese, and one tablespoon of water. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- In a small bowl, combine sriracha, honey, soy sauce, and minced garlic.
- Generously brush cauliflower steaks with honey sriracha sauce.
- Roast cauliflower steaks for 15 minutes. Flip and roast for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- While cauliflower is roasting, sauté the spinach in a small amount of olive oil.
- To serve, place mashed cauliflower on a serving plate. Add spinach. Place a cauliflower steak on top and sprinkle it with pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!