Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
2 medium spaghetti squash
3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
½ t. garlic powder
Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or a Silpat™ baking sheet. Set aside.
- Trim the top and bottom of each spaghetti squash to create a flat surface. Set the squash upright and slice down the middle with a sharp knife. Scoop out the pulp and seeds with a spoon without piercing all the way through the squash. Reserve seeds and set aside to toast later, if desired.
- Brush the edges and inside of each squash half with one tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle each half with the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the squash cut side down on the prepared baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.
- Remove from oven and cool for several minutes. Once cool enough to handle, flip over the squash and carefully “shred” the inside with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands, leaving the shredded squash inside the squash shells.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the spaghetti squash and sprinkle some of the chopped parsley on each half. Gently toss the spaghetti squash to incorporate the oil and parsley throughout before serving. Enjoy!