Stuffed mushrooms are an extremely versatile appetizer. They will disappear quickly from your appetizer table at your next get-together. For the best results, when shopping for mushrooms for this recipe, look for small to medium size caps. Cremini or Baby Portobello mushrooms can also be substituted if desired. A slightly more earthy flavor will result.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 T. olive oil
12 medium white mushrooms, stems removed
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
5 T. breadcrumbs, divided
2 scallions, finely sliced
1/4 c. parsley, chopped
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Brush mushrooms with olive oil and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, parmesan, 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, scallions, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle remaining breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This recipe from Functional Medicine Studio City can be prepared up to three days ahead of time, but the dressing should be added just before serving. For more healthy recipe tips, contact us at 818-505-9511 or come to 10645 Riverside Drive, Toluca Lake, CA 91602