This watermelon mint lemonade is super easy to make and is so refreshing on a hot summer day. This is one of those recipes you’ll want to tinker around with to find the right flavor combination for your tastes. For example, the amount of water you need to add will vary depending on how juicy the watermelon is and how strong you want the flavor to be.
Directions for a mint-infused simple syrup are included. The watermelon adds a lot of sweetness, however, so you may not wish to sweeten it further. It really depends on how sweet or tart you want the final results to be.
If you are serving this recipe outside on a warm day, make extra so you can freeze some into ice cubes or an ice ring (if serving in a punch bowl). Using ice cubes made of the beverage you are serving rather than plain water will prevent watered-down drinks as the day or evening progresses.
For an adults-only variation, add some citrus-flavored vodka before serving.
Mint Simple Syrup (optional)
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. water
- ¼ c. tightly packed fresh mint leaves, stems removed and crushed
- 6 c. fresh watermelon, rinds removed and cut into chunks
- ¾ c. fresh lemon juice (6-8 medium lemons)
- ½ c. cold water, (plus more, if needed)
- ½ c. fresh mint leaves, tightly packed with stems removed
- fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- lemon slices, for garnish
- To make the simple syrup, add the sugar, water and crushed mint leaves to a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and discard mint leaves. Cool completely before using.
- Add watermelon chunks, lemon juice and ½ cup cold water to a blender and blend until liquefied. Pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove any larger particles. Taste and add more water, if needed. Sweeten with mint-infused simple syrup, if desired.
- Bruise ½ c. fresh mint leaves with fingers to release oils and add to the bottom of a large glass pitcher or jar. If serving immediately, add ice cubes to the container and pour the watermelon mixture over top. Add fresh lemon slices to the container for garnish.
- To serve, pour over ice and add a sprig of fresh mint and a lemon slice for garnish.
Services Areas Cover
Studio City, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Burbank, CA, Encino, CA, Glendale, CA, Los Angeles, CA, North Hollywood, CA, San Fernando, CA, Santa Monica, CA, Tarzana, CA, Toluca Lake, CA, Valley Village, CA, Van Nuys, CA, West Hollywood, CA