Do you have leftover rice and want to enjoy fried rice more healthily? Functional Medicine Los Angeles, your trusted functional medicine Burbank provider, encourages you to try this easy-to-prepare Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe!
Our functional medicine Los Angeles experts claim that this dish is best prepared using the following steps:
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: under 10 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 3 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 c. frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ c. frozen peas and carrots
- 2 large green onions, sliced
- 1½ t. fresh ginger, finely minced
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 T. tamari or coconut aminos*
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
Additional sliced green onions
1. Heat one tablespoon of butter in a wok or large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Transfer eggs to a plate and set aside.
2. Add remaining butter, frozen cauliflower, peas and carrots, green onions, fresh ginger, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook, stirring constantly, until frozen veggies are heated through and tender, approximately 5-6 minutes.
3. Add tamari, sesame oil, and scrambled eggs to the wok or skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and heated through. Remove from heat and top with additional green onion, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information: **
- Total Carbs: 6.92g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Net Carbs: 4.32g
- Protein: 12%
- Fat: 71%
- Carbohydrates: 17%
*The nutritional information is based on using tamari rather than Coconut Aminos.
As a functional medicine Studio City provider, we remind everyone that the nutritional information is provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.