Lentil Salad with Cucumber, Radish, Feta, and Mint provides a lot of nutrients that your body can enjoy. According to functional medicine Los Angeles studies, lentils provide protein, cucumber contains vitamins K and C, radish supports skin health and boosts the immune system, feta cheese is the best source of calcium, and mint is good for digestion.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: n/a
1 14-oz. can lentils, rinsed and drained
2 c. baby arugula
1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
3 radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 c. parsley, chopped
2 T. fresh mint, chopped
1/4 c. pumpkin seeds
2 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 T. balsamic vinegar
1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large serving bowl, combine lentils, arugula, cucumber, radishes, parsley, mint, and pumpkin seeds.
- Toss to combine. Our functional medicine Burbank experts suggest seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small jar, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Crumble the feta cheese on top of the salad and garnish. Our functional medicine Studio City providers recommend adding extra mint leaves if desired.
- Enjoy this recipe from our functional medicine doctors at Functional Medicine Los Angeles.